New developments in Cloud computing, Software Releases, and 2011 Annual Report of CLOUDS Lab March 19, 2012Posted by Rajkumar Buyya in Cloud Computing, CLOUDS Lab News, Grid Computing, Manjrasoft News.
I would like to briefly update you on various activities/events that occurred in CLOUDS Lab since Oct 2011. Key ones are:
1. CLOUDS Lab has successfully hosted 4th IEEE/ACM International Conference on Utility and Cloud Computing (UCC 2011) conference in Melbourne. The conference attracted participants from academia and industry from all over the world. We had invited talks presented from various IT companies including Fujitsu, Dell, Amazon, and Google. For full details on the conference program, please visit the website: http://www.cloudbus.org/ucc2011/
There is also conference Album, which you can browse to get the feeling virtually:-)
2. I have visited conferences held in Hong Kong, Beijing, Bangalore, and Hyderabad and presented keynote talks. You may want to browse a keynote paper presented at CSC 2011 conference held in Hong Kong from:
3. We have been working with members of CSMIC (Cloud Service Measurement Index Consortium) from all over the world. Our work with one of the leading members CA (Computer Associates) is described in our article:
4. Early this year, I have visited Singapore and presented a talk on “Energy Efficient Cloud Computing”. You can download my slides from:
5. We also released a new version of CloudSim software. Pls see:
6. CLOUDS Lab has become a member of Open Data Center Alliance (ODCA), which is driven by user communities such as BMW. For more details, Check out:
7. Finally, we wrote 2011 Annual Report on our CLOUDS Lab:-)
Please browse it from:
All publications on CLOUDS Lab in 2011 are now online. You can access them from: http://www.cloudbus.org/publications-years.html
Wish you all a happy and prosperous rest of the year 2012.