CLOUDS Lab’s 2010 Annual Report February 5, 2011Posted by Rajkumar Buyya in Cloud Computing, CLOUDS Lab News, Grid Computing.
On behalf of CLOUDS Lab and the Cloudbus Project, I am pleased to share
2010 Annual Report detailing its R&D activities, outcomes, and community
services. For full report, please visit:
The highlights of research activities and outcomes in 2010 are:
* The Lab successfully assisted its spin-off company, Manjrasoft, which
has released Aneka 2.0 software and filed its PCT patent application to
national phase in USA & India.
* The Lab’s flagship Cloudbus Project has released “open source”
CloudSim 2.0 Toolkit, which is used by several researchers in academia
and industries around the world.
* Members of CLOUDS Lab have authored 30 publications, which include 8
journal papers, and 15 conference papers.
* The Lab successfully hosted research activities of over 20 scholars: 9
PhD students, 7 Research Fellows (5 at PostDoc level and 2 Software
Engineers), and couple of Masters/honours students. Three Ph.D students
* Lab members have received “Best Paper Award” from the 24th IEEE
International Conference on Advanced Information Networking and
Applications (AINA 2010), Perth, Australia, April 20-23, 2010.
Wish you all a happy, peaceful, and prosperous new year 2011.